6 Ways I’m Keeping Cool This Summer 😎
Summer is here! That means vacations and spending time with friends! Unfortunately, that also means tough Texas heat! And it’s even worse if you don’t have much access to the pool or beach. So here are six clever ways to beat the heat!
- Not all summer activities have to be outside. Stroll through the mall, go to a museum, see a movie, go bowling or to a video arcade. Also, ask about any summer discounts! Two birds, one stone.
- If you can’t avoid being outside, try not to spend extended amounts of time without shade. Carry an umbrella or wear a hat with a large brim. Large trees, tents, gazebos or awnings are your best friends when it comes to keeping cool.
- Wearing light colored clothing is also another way to stay cool. Light colors will keep light away from your body, while dark colored clothing attracts the light and holds heat in.
- You may not have access to a pool, but a cold shower is the next best thing! Taking a cold shower after spending a day in the sun will bring down your core body temperature, leaving you feeling cool and clean.
- Stick sheets in the fridge or freezer for a few minutes before bed. Another tip: place them in a plastic bag with your favorite scent before putting them in the freezer – can you say life hack?
- Make a DIY air conditioner by positioning a shallow pan or bowl (a roasting pan works nicely) full of ice in front of a fan. The breeze will pick up cold water from the ice’s surface as it melts, creating a cooling mist. Another trick is hanging a wet sheet in front of an open window. The breeze blowing in will bring down the heat quickly.
These are just a couple of ways I manage to stay cool in the Texas heat! What are some of your tips and tricks for keeping cool?