Valentine’s Day is coming up in one week. Rule number 1 for me when it comes to gift for Valentine’s Day, don’t spend a lot to let the people you love most know that you care about them. Below you’ll find a list of budget-friendly ideas for you to try this year for those that are special to you. I’ve already added a few of these ideas to my list for Valentine’s Day this year.
- Go outside! Build a campfire and roast marshmallows under the stars.
- Check out local park and recreation departments and state tourism calendars for free local events.
- Make an appreciation jar. Fill a mason jar with notes about reasons or memories that describe what it is you appreciate about someone special.
- Make a batch of homemade cookies.
- Go on a scavenger hunt in your own city. Make a list of special things to find and take a photo together at each place. Turn the phots into a collage and give that as a gift.
- Make a special dinner at home and pack it up for a picnic. Stay warm with hot cocoa and a cozy blanket.
- Volunteer your time together. Walk stray dogs together at your local animal shelter, roll up your sleeves and help the homeless at a local soup kitchen or by helping to build first homes, visit an elder care facility and spend time with older members of your community.