Getting Ready for Easter
Easter will be here before you know it. It is one of my family’s favorite holidays. I love to decorate the house with spring colors and Easter decor. Here are some of the things I plan on doing this week to prepare for Easter:
- Plant pretty colorful flowers in pots and place them around my front door.
- Hang an Easter wreath on my front door (check out my “It’s Spring” Pinterest board for more awesome ideas for making Easter wreaths).
- Change out the towels in the guest bathroom and in the kitchen to light spring colors.
- Change out my decorative pillows and throws to lighter fabrics and spring colors.
- Pick up goodies on sale for Easter baskets.
- Watch for Easter sales . . . everyone loves a new Easter outfit.
Since I will be hosting the Easter lunch, I have started planning my menu. I like to keep things simple so that I can enjoy watching the kids Easter egg hunt and playing with the goodies in their Easter baskets. Some of the dishes I plan on serving include the following:
- Honey glazed ham
- Potato salad (it can be made ahead of time)
- Fresh green beans or asparagus (haven’t decided yet)
- Macaroni and cheese (the kid’s favorite)
- Spinach & Strawberry Salad
- Deviled eggs
- Lemon Meringue pie
- Cupcakes for the kids (and adults too)
- Shaped sugar cookies (for the kids to decorate)
I hope to enjoy the Easter holiday by planning ahead and keeping things simple and stress free. Do you have any tips to share?